WHEN: Saturday, September 19th, 11am – 2pm
WHERE: Springbank Pet Resort (Opens Maps in new window)
Here’s the news on the Waddle… we are returning to our roots. This year, we are scaling down our event to so that we can concentrate on the people and the hounds. See photos from last year’s waddle
This year’s event will include:
- A Thank-you BBQ for all of Bodacious Basset Bottle Drive participants + prize for the most money raised
- The Great Basset Race
- Merchandise for purchase including the 2016 Calendars & Basset Rescue t-shirts, and brand new Calgary Rescue coffee mugs!
- Volunteer recognition and the ‘Harold Fraser Volunteer Award’
Bottles for Bassets
The Bodacious Basset Bottle Drive is back!!! We are asking those who would like to attend the Waddle to organize some sort of bottle drive between now and September 19th, and bring along the cash raised from your efforts to Springbank Pet Resort on Saturday September 19th, 11am-2pm.
Here are some TIPS on how to organize a bottle drive:
- Pick a day and find some friends to help you. Those friends with trucks are really handy! And we find that Sunday afternoons work well.
- Create a snazzy flier and distribute it in the area a few days before you go out. Include: date, time, and the reason for your bottle drive. People will often leave bags of bottles for you in their yard if they know when you are coming by.
- Find a local bottle depot and book a time to drop your bottles off. Then you can add bottles to your pile as your trucks fill up and you don’t have to stand in line.
- Remember to to be courteous and friendly when you do go out to collect your bottles. People will be interested in your cause and its a good way to spread word about the Calgary Basset Rescue.
- We have also had some of our supporters organize bottle drives at work. It’s a good way to get co-workers involved and feel good about recycling those empties!
Contact Skye at [email protected] for more info.